The Dutch Interior Design
There are many good reasons why you should have the Dutch interior into your home. It is an epitome of simplicity and functionality. As a matter of fact, many homeowners prefer the Dutch interior design in their homes because of the various advantages it gives. I addition to these, the Dutch interior design likewise reflect the personality of the homeowner. It is not that difficult to achieve the design into the office or home. There are only few tips to successfully achieve the design and many homeowners who have done it are in fact happy and contented with their accomplishments.
Some of the features of the Dutch interior design
Here are some of the highlights of the Dutch interior design:
1. Natural light should be let in and maximized.
2. The space should be free from traffic.
3. There is always a gathering room.
4. Presence of earthy based palette.
5. Simplicity is appealing to the eye.
Dutch interior design inspirations
The Dutch interior design shares some similarities with the Scandinavian interior design. Especially when it comes to simplicity and functionality. The dutch design focuses on the balance between functionality, aesthetics and uniqueness. Many designers claim that achieving the Dutch interior is not that complicated. Designers and homeowners should only be able to follow some simple steps and guide in order to achieve a Dutch themed interior.
It is a fact that the Dutch culture revolves around the interior of the home and family. These only shows the strong influence in the interior design of family and the community bond. Originally the Dutch interiors are close and small. The Dutch are also known to have their children as the center of the family. This allows the children to socialize with the other members of the community. As a result, one of the features of the Dutch home is the presence of a gathering room so that the mother and child will be able to interact usually with their neighbors.
Dutch are known to be clean and tidy individuals. They make sure that the interior and exterior of their homes are clean. They likewise decorate their windows which is also another important part of the house. The treatments they add to their windows control the light that enters the house as well as the privacy of their homes.
Dutch interior design tips for your home
For many designers, there are only few and simple steps to follow in order to achieve that Dutch interior for your home:
1. Allow the entry of natural light – remember that the Dutch interior is closely related to nature. Sunlight therefore should be incorporated into your home.
2. There should be no traffic in the interior – movement in the rooms should be easy or the occupants. This means that the arrangement of the furniture as well as the presence of clutter should be taken into consideration.
3. Room for gathering – in Dutch inspired interior, there should always be a room dedicated for gathering such as the dining room where the table is long for family gathering or with friends.
4. Use earthy based palette – neutral colors makes your home calm and the different hues create a larger room illusion.
5. Less is more – do not over decorate. This is one of the lessons we learn from the Dutch, which is simplicity. This will also prevent clutter from accumulating.