Create a modern kid's bedroom
The kid’s bedroom can be considered as the first property of our child. Even before they were born, we were so eager in planning how it will appear so that the kids will be able to appreciate them by the time they see it. By the time we welcome our new bundle of joy in the family, their new sanctuary has already been designed and decorated with items of our own choosing. We painted the walls of their rooms or set up wallpapers with colors that we believe would help in their growth and development. We also become excited in adding decorative items in their room to make it more lively and more appropriate especially to their gender. Toys that would be included in the room were also hand picked by us. We also want the room to be safe for our kids as much as possible. Most parents would make sure that the kid’s bedroom will be special as our child holds a very special place in our lives.
Decorating a modern kid’s bedroom
Decorating the kids bedroom is always a challenge. There are tons of ideas to create a wonderful and magical modern bedroom for our kids. If you are planning to give the kid’s bedroom a bang, there are many references where you can get your inspirations. Examples are the internet, interior design books and magazines and even advise from design professionals. Of course, as references, you can still customize their rooms to make it more personalized and fit according to you and your child’s needs.
Our kids too may have a lot of idea in their minds that may or may not be to our liking, since as a grown up, we may have a different taste. The best thing to do when you are planning to decorate the kid’s bedroom is to involve your kids as they may have ideas that have we have not thought about. It is always a great idea to let them decide how their room will appear and what to include. After all, they will be the ones who will be using it, and trust us if we say that they will be truly proud of their own ideas in creating their own modern bedroom.
Kid’s modern bedroom design ideas
If at first you feel that decorating a modern kid’s bedroom is challenging, then check on some of the ideas we present. We assure you that in time, you will be able to create a kid’s modern bedroom design in a jiffy:
1. Teach your child accountability and responsibility by helping them stay organized. Storage areas and other organizers should be at their height. If your kids can access them easily, these will be used more often.
2. Try using glow in the dark paint in painting stars and moon on the ceiling of your kid’s bedroom. They will surely love it especially when they see them lighten up when they lie down. Who says that sleeping is not an adventure? You can do many magical things with glow in the dark paint.
3. Pick a removable wall transfers from craft and ideas stores. These are becoming more affordable and there is a wide range of design to choose from. Let your child choose their own design and allow them to decorate their room with it.
4. Kids love collecting various items such as postcards, greeting cards, photos, and other memorabilia. Instead of pinning them on the cork board, hang them from strings in front of a window, or clipping them to s string along the wall to create an interactive border in a room.
5. Include different kinds of lighting in a kid’s bedroom. Lighting is a must, as well as a reading light. These will also help them have a good night’s sleep instead of a total dark room at night.
6. Include a study area for your kid. This will be a great place where they can do their home work or as a reading nook where they can enjoy their favorite books and comics.
7. Pick wall designs of their own liking. For instance, wall mural or decal featuring their favorite sport or super heroes, or even their favorite natural scenery.
8. Add furniture pieces that are durable so that they may be able to use them for a long period of time.
9. And best of all, decorate your kid’s bedroom with the whole family. This will be a great time to spend time with your family and share your story when you were still a child. Most kids love hearing stories from their parents as these may also inspire them.